With its innovative education policies and upgraded facilities, Assam has always been amongst the top destination for medical studies amongst the youth of the country. There are a total of 7 MBBS colleges in Assam, out of which there are six government colleges and one self-financed college. All of these seven colleges are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The north-eastern state hosts some of the oldest medical colleges in the country. The well-renowned and reputed institutions of Assam offer various opportunities for internships and other activities. With consent from the Medical Council of India (MCI), the Assam Education Board has managed to add 174 seats in 2019 and the total tally stood at 900 until the foundation of Diphu Medical College and Hospital in November 2019. There are now 1000 MBBS seats in 7 colleges in Assam. The MBBS colleges in Assam cater hostel facilities for both male and female. Other facilities include an adequate number of classrooms, open-access library, computer and internet access, health care centre, auditorium and seminar hall, Bank, Post Office, Multidisciplinary Centre, Auditorium and seminar halls, canteen, laboratories, and playground.
Candidates who want to pursue MBBS in Assam must go through the eligibility criteria set up by the Directorate of Medical Education. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
Admission to various medical colleges in Assam is based on NEET UG counseling and it is conducted under two quotas. One is All India Seat Quota and the other is State Seat Quota. 85% of the seats are allotted to the candidates belonging to the state of Assam and the remaining 15% of the seats are allotted to candidates coming from other states. The official website for All India Counseling is www.mcc.nic.in and the official website for state counseling in Assam is www.dmeassam.gov.in.
The admission cutoff of Assam MBBS is published online by the Director General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). The counseling procedure is conducted in two rounds. The final cutoff list is published after the completion of the second round of counseling and candidates are also chosen under the 15% All India Quota Seats.
The Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Assam conducts the counseling for 85% state quota seats and the seats are allotted to the candidates based on their merit. The State Quota seats in Assam are broadly divided into three categories:
Disability Quota Seats: Seats under this category are allotted to disabled candidates only.
General Quota Seats: The general quota seats are available for candidates belonging to different caste groups’ like- General, OBC/MOBC, Scheduled Caste, and Scheduled Tribe.
Special Reservation Quota Seats: The special reservation quota seats are allotted for candidates belonging to various categories like- Char Area Development Authority, Ex-Servicemen, Extremist Violence Affected, Freedom Fighters, Sports Quota, and Children of Tea Garden/Ex-Tea Garden Community or Tribe.
Ans: Assam Medical College, founded on 3 November 1947 is the oldest MBBS College in Assam.
Ans: There are a total of 875 MBBS seats available in government colleges in Assam.
Ans: Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College is the only private MBBS College in Assam and it has 125 seats.
Ans: The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) is the conducting authority of Assam State Counseling.
Ans: There are two rounds of counseling that are being conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education for MBBS admission in Assam.
Ans: There are six government MBBS colleges in Assam. They are:
Ans: The list of documents that are needed to submit during admission to MBBS colleges in Assam are:
Ans: No, there is no college that offers distance medical education in Assam.
Ans: The annual fee for studying MBBS in Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College is INR 20,000.
Ans: Applicant Name, Roll Number, Category, NEET Percentage, State Rank, and Applicant State are some of the details that are mentioned on the Assam Merit List.
Ans: The annual intake capacity of Gauhati Medical College is 200.
Ans: Jorhat Medical College is one of the best MBBS colleges in Assam that offers various job opportunities in the field of medicine.
Ans: The annual average cost for medical programs in a government medical college in Assam is between INR 15,000 to INR 80,000.
Ans: The fee MBBS counseling in Assam is same for all categories. The required fee is INR 500.
Ans: Below is the list of facilities that are offered at Silchar Medical College.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) (UG)-2020 will now be held on 13.09.2020 (Sunday) f... Read More
© 2021 justmbbs.com All Rights Reserved. Website designed by Orbit Inhouse