List of Government and Private MBBS Colleges in Nepal
MBBS in Nepal
If you haven’t secured yourself a MBBS seat in India and don’t want to be too far away from home, we have a solution for you. Nepal is a fantastic option to pursue your dream to become a medical doctor, being in the comforts of closer to India.
Nepal offers MBBS at an affordable cost, as compared to many private colleges even in India. Moreover, medical colleges in Nepal offering MBBS courses recognized by approving authorities such as MCI, WHO and UNESCO.
We have listed out a dozen reasons to do MBBS in Nepal:
- The obvious reason is the course structure; Nepal and India designed their MBBS course in a similar pattern and syllabus,
- As we have already mentioned above that medical colleges in Nepal are recognized by the trusted authorities of the medicine department i.e. MCI,
- At least 50% faculty members in Nepalese medical universities are Indians, which definitely gives an edge to Indian students, in their whole learning process. The similarities and dynamics of teachers’-students’ relationship help Indian students feel at home,
- The food, culture and overall atmosphere in Nepal is very similar to Indian students, so even parents feel quite comfortable having their children study in a neighboring country like Nepal,
- Both Indian students and local Nepalese students get equal attention in classrooms and during internship,
- The most important factor is the success rate of passing through the MCI screening test is very high for students completing MBBS from Nepal,
- All colleges offering MBBS degree in Nepal focus on both practical and theoretical aspects of the textbooks learning and practical training,
- Coming to the point of expenditure, we will also breakdown the fee and accommodation cost of medical education in Nepal later in the article, but to put in one word, pursuing MBBS in Nepal is extremely affordable for Indian students, without compromising the quality of education.
- In fact, medical education in Nepal is lesser than pursuing MBBS in many metro cities and tier one cities in India,
- In Nepal, standard accommodation is affordable within budget. Nepal also provides luxury or mid range living options in a reasonable price.
- In terms of food, there are many restaurants offering tasty and home-style food at a lower cost. Students, who decide to rent out apartments, can also employ helpers to prepare food at home. The college hostels also offers tasty and healthy food that matches Indian taste buds,
- This is important for those who want to step into their MBBS journey, minus the hassle of applying for Visas and other travel documents. Nepal provides a “no-visa” policy to Indian students, making documentation process easier for both parents and students,
Duration of MBBS degree in Nepal:
In Nepal, MBBS course duration is five and half years. The first four and half years of MBBS course are dedicated to theoretical study and clinical sciences. The remaining one-year is internship in hospitals.
Eligibility criteria for pursuing MBBS in Nepal are as below:
- The age limit for candidates interested in applying for MBBS degree in Nepal is 17 years, students below 17 aren’t allowed to apply for enrollment,
- The candidate must complete his/her 12th standard examinations with Physics/Chemistry/Biology (PCB) as combination to apply for MBBS course in Nepal,
- The candidate must secure at least 50 % as aggregate in the main subjects (PCB),
- Colleges in Nepal conduct their individual entrance examination for their internal screening, however, it’s not a collaborated entrance test for all MBBS colleges, and each college individually conducts them,
- For Indian students, the candidate must submit the eligibility certificate to the college/university chosen by him/her. The eligibility certificate is issued by the MCI.
- Although Visa is not required for Indian students, wanting to study MBBS in Nepal. They definitely require a Valid Indian Passport and other related documents specified by the college/university they desire to study,
- The scorecard obtained from the result of NEET.
Cost of MBBS in Nepal:
Tuition Fee for MBBS in Nepal in private colleges is in the range of INR 38 lakhs to 45 Lakhs for the entire 5 and a half years.
Yes, most colleges take the fee in 4 installments.
Hostel, food and other expenses is manageable within INR 2 lakhs per annum.