List of Government and Private MBBS Colleges in Bangladesh
MBBS in Bangladesh
You have dreamt of becoming a medical professional but couldn’t find yourself a seat in any Indian medical colleges, don’t worry, now you can follow your dream in a neighboring country, that too in an absolutely affordable way.
In Bangladesh, there are over 25 government medical universities and 50 private medical universities, and the best part is all the medical universities in Bangladesh follow the same structure of education, followed in Indian medical education system.
Advantages of pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh:
- For Indian students, cultural similarities is the biggest advantage,
- In Bangladesh, consumption of alcohol and drug is considered illegal that makes it a safer country to some extends,
- The medium of instruction is English,
- Faculties from premier medical universities in India, such as AIIMS visit medical universities in Bangladesh medical universities regularly,
- The best part is the medical colleges in Bangladesh follow books, syllabus, and teaching methodologies just as Indian system.
Recognition and approval:
- The medical universities in Bangladesh are recognized and approved by the MCI - Medical Council of India,
- ECFMG – Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA,
- FAIMER’s IMED – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory,
- ACGME – Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education,
- MCC – Medical Council of Canada,
- WHO – World Health Organization.
Other important information:
- The medical universities in Bangladesh offer a 5 years MBBS program,
- No entrance test, no donation is required for admission,
- The quality of infrastructure, education and accommodation is comparable to other developed countries,
- The hospitals are well equipped with great infrastructure and technology,
- Indian cuisines – both for vegetarians and non-vegetarians is available easily.
Eligibility to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh:
- The candidate must be 17 years or above on or before 31st December for the following year’s admission,
- There should not be more than one year’s gap between the passing of 12th examination and enrollment year in MBBS,
- Students having a passing certificate of 2018 and 2019 shall only apply,
- All Non-Bangladeshi students who are from India, Maldives, Sri Lanka or any other gulf countries who have passed 10th /12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Cost of MBBS in Bangladesh
The cost of living and education is affordable in Bangladesh. Studying medicine from Bangladesh costs varies from Rs.25 lakhs to Rs.50 lakhs, based on location and ranking of the university.