List of Government and Private MBBS Colleges in Georgia
Study MBBS in Georgia:
Studying medicine is no longer a privilege of a few, now; anyone can pursue a career in medicine and help the society with your degree. Among the many countries that offer MBBS degree at a reasonable cost and lesser hassle of scoring in NEET, Georgia is definitely one.
Why study MBBS in Georgia:
Before answering this question, let’s see where the country is located -- at the intersection of Europe and Asia. Apart from scenic beauty, Georgia has a unique and ancient cultural heritage. It is also very famous for its tradition of hospitality and mind-blowing cuisine. What’s best, Georgia has successfully achieved 100% of literacy and known to be the best place for studying medicine in the world. The medical universities in Georgia follow world-class teaching methodologies and internship processes, to keep at par with the best medical universities across the world. At this juncture, we are bound to think that admission procedures for MBBS courses in Georgia must be difficult. Surprisingly, it is not, the admission process for studying in MBBS in Georgia is extremely simple and hassle free.
Why MBBS in Georgia is a great choice:
- MCI, WHO and UNESCO recognize the medical universities of Georgia,
- The MBBS degree from the medical colleges of Georgia is globally accepted.
- The students obtaining MBBS from Georgia are eligible to work on any part of the world,
- Students do not require to take entrance test,
- The age limit is 17 to 25 years old
- NEET score is mandatory, which means candidate has to appear in NEET,
- The admission is based on marks obtained in 12th grade,
- 50% score in PCB is required for a recognized board of examination,
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category are accepted for scoring 45% in PCB in 12th grade,
- Important to know that candidates passing 12th grade examinations from Open Boards of examinations are not accepted for MBBS course in Georgia,
- Medium of instruction is English,
- The MBBS course in Georgia is designed in 5+1 format – which is five years of classroom learning and one year of internship in a government affiliated hospital,
- After completing the MBBS degree in Georgia, the candidate can directly apply for a screening test to get license to practice medicine,
- The facilities and infrastructure offered in medical universities in Georgia are world class,
- Students pursuing MBBS in Georgia are encouraged to participate in global conferences and seminars.
- The other reputed medical bodies that authorizes MBBS in Georgia are; Ministry of Education, Georgia, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
A glimpse of yearly timeline for MBBS in Georgia:
- The Candidate needs to apply for MBBS in Georgia within August of the desired year of admission. For example, if you want to study MBBS in of the medical universities in Georgia in academic session starting 2020, apply by August 2020.
- Once the candidate secures a seat in MBBS, the classes should begin from late September or latest by October,
- The admission process is first-come, first chance basis,
- There are two semesters for examinations between October and February
Primary documents required starting admission procedure for MBBS in Georgia:
- The candidates are required to produce original mark sheets (hard copies) of 10th and 12th examinations,
- The certificates of 10th and 12th passing examinations
- The candidate must have a valid visa for Georgia
- The candidate must a valid passport,
- The candidate must submit Birth Certificate
- The Candidate also need to have his/her travel insurance
- 6 passport size photographs,
- The interested students must produce bank statements, ensuring his/her financial capacity to fund the course in following 6 years,
- The candidate needs to have a medically verified HIV negative certificate,
- The candidate needs to show the invitation letter from the desired medical university,
- Finally, legalized authorization letter from Ministry of External Affairs (India) is required
Cost of MBBS in Georgia:
Depending on the candidate’s choice of college, an MBBS degree could cost anywhere from 4000 USD to 5500 USD per year. Which is approximately INR 3,50,000 per year. The accommodation could cost up to USD 3500 per year. In INR it translates into 2,45000 per year.